As of April 2015, Bliss Integrated Communication, an award-winning strategic marketing and communication firm, is hiring for the following positions:
- Intern (details below)
- Associate Account Executive
- Account Executive (Professorial Services and/or Financial Services)
- Senior Account Executive (Financial Services) (details below)
- Account Supervisor (Professional Services)
We are looking for hard-working, accountable and eager candidates. We like to say that Bliss people are “smart and kind” in equal measure. Our team-oriented culture supports both personal success and great client relationships. It has earned us the Holmes Report Award for both the “Client Seal of Approval” and the “Best Agencies to Work For,” and Crain’s New York Business’ “Best Places to Work in NYC.” We believe that happy people do great work. We pride ourselves on our ability to understand complex issues, think creatively and communicate boldly and are, most importantly, a team.
If you are interested in joining our team but do not see an open position please feel free to send in your resume anyway. Needs change fast in agency life and we are open to learning about what you have to offer.
Senior Account Executive – Financial Services
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Bliss Integrated Communication has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive to join its Financial Services team. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on several financial services accounts’ integrated marketing activities, supporting the account driver with strategic planning and content creation initiatives, helping develop both traditional and social media relations strategy and assisting in mentoring and training junior staff members.
The role is focused on both B2C and B2B communications for clients in the financial services sector and requires 3-5 years of fundamental integrated marketing experience including writing (press releases, pitches, byline articles, speeches, whitepapers, etc.), analyzing research and survey results, content creation, media relations, and digital and social media strategy. Experience in working with financial services clients is required; real estate, banking, investing, retirement, or Peer to Peer communications experience is a plus!
Ideal candidates will be strong writers, creative problem-solvers, excellent multi-taskers, and enjoy working collaboratively with others. Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively and productively with teams; helping to keep the team organized and accountable for key client deliverables
- Leveraging excellent writing skills in the development of media pitches, announcements, plans, and thought leadership collateral
- Developing creative ways to engage with clients’ key audiences through digital and social media strategies
- Dreaming up and helping build content collateral, such as infographics, eBooks and videos
- Helping to design research initiatives, analyze findings and craft resulting narratives
- Following financial services trends and assisting in developing media outreach strategies; fostering strong relationships with relevant media and securing positive media coverage
- Mentoring and training junior staff members, helping them to leverage their strengths and develop integrated marketing core competencies
- 3-5 years of marketing or PR experience (at least some of which was in the financial services space)
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to work quickly, prioritizing multiple assignments
- Strong sense of client service
- An understanding of the financial services industry and trends affecting it
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning about a rapidly evolving industry, and a positive attitude!
- Bachelor’s degree required
Bliss offers an internship program designed to provide current or recently-graduated college students with the opportunity to get hands-on PR and marketing experience in a fast-paced, interactive environment.
At Bliss, we treat our interns as full-fledged members of our team working across our Professional Services, Financial Services and Healthcare Practice Groups. Interns have the opportunity to learn about and participate in our full range of services, including:
- Media relations
- Content creation
- Digital and social media marketing
- Research and data analysis
In addition, interns can take advantage of the numerous professional development and training opportunities we offer throughout the year, including seminars on social media, media relations, writing for PR and marketing, the latest in research and analytics tools, and more.
Bliss offers a modest stipend for interns, and current college students may be eligible to obtain course credit for their participation the program.
For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are accepted according to the following timeline:
Spring Term (January – May) Deadline: November 30
Summer Term (May – August) Deadline: March 30
Fall Term (September – December) Deadline: July 30