Why isn’t my CEO famous?
Recently I have talked to several prospects who want to make their CEOs famous as part of their communication marketing strategy – and they are unsure why they aren’t.
Here are a few of the questions I ask when faced with such a quandary:
- Does your CEO have a point of view on major issues facing his/her sector? Is he/she comfortable discussing that point of view in a public forum and perhaps even having a healthy debate about it?
- Has your CEO created any proprietary methodologies, surveys or studies in the last few months? If not, does he/she have an appetite to be involved in such an endeavor?
- Does your CEO have an online presence? Is he on Twitter and LinkedIn? Does he use them to disseminate information?
- Can your CEO be predictive?
- Is your CEO comfortable speaking in public on issues facing his/her market? If so, which ones?
- Has your CEO authored any newsletter articles, blog posts, bylines, white papers in the past year? If so how often?
- Is your CEO engaging in the blogosphere?
- Has your CEO been quoted in the major media or strategic trade press in the past year? If so, on which topics?
- Has your CEO been media trained?
10. What keeps your CEO up at night when he/she thinks about the changing landscape of the B2B business they are in?
If you answered “no” or “I don’t know” to the majority of these questions that could be part of the issue. Why isn’t your CEO getting the recognition you think they deserve?
To reach Cortney: